Evie & Maggie Oct 2009

Evie & Maggie Oct 2009

Evie & Maggie's photo gallery

Visit Aunt Brandy's website for pictures of the girls.
photos.b-n-z.com/gallery/v/Evie_Maggie/Home/

Evelyn Mae "Evie"
Born: May 1, 2008 3:00 a.m.
1 lb 12oz 13 1/4 inches long

Margaret Ann "Maggie"
Born: May 1, 2008 3:18 a.m.
1 lb 13oz 12 3/4 inches long

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday May 6, 2008

Today was another good day for the girls. Not really any changes other than Evie got her minimum breaths per minutes decreased from 40bpm to 35bpm. Dr. Hiller talked to us about putting in a pic lines through their arms. This is more sterile and is slightly further from their hearts than the umbilical cord line. This line can stay in for several weeks, so it is a step forward. Joe and I had a slow morning, just couldn’t seem to get out of bed, so we didn’t get to the girls until 11am. But I did get a full 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep – ahhhh. We did get to the girls at 2pm to change diapers and put our hands over them for a fair bit of time. But neither opened their eyes. No more aquaphor needs to be put on them, but I think they are starting to look a bit dry, especially since they still have their lights shining on them.

Joe and I both talked to our bosses at 11am. I’m still trying to figure out how I can continue to be useful for work – but they are going to have to have some help since I can’t be there to do everyday tasks. But it sounds like they are willing to have me work on projects – like testing the new system. So, hopefully I can work hourly and maybe be half time – remotely. I feel like such a drain. Joe tried to get work done during the day, but taking care of me and getting us to the girls, and trying to make sure we had food, caused many interruptions in his day. I am in trouble with Joe, because after coming back from the girls at 11am or so, I walked into the Ronald McDonald house and stopped at the counter to ask a question and very suddenly felt faint. I told Joe that I needed to sit down, and then I started quickly walking to the couch. Unfortunately, my head and feet didn’t quite correspond and I tripped and fell and took Joe down to the floor with me, we both got a little rug burn. Who knows why I didn’t just sit where I was, I just thought I needed to get to a chair. So, apparently I’m still not stable – which drives me nuts. But I did sit much of the day and completed a little project for work. That combined with some fresh air, a drive around Missoula, dinner, and story time with my girls, I am feeling much better tonight. I read the girls their first story, “Bear Snores On” tonight. I think they liked it.

No comments:

Please sign the Guestbook
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers