Evie & Maggie Oct 2009

Evie & Maggie Oct 2009

Evie & Maggie's photo gallery

Visit Aunt Brandy's website for pictures of the girls.
photos.b-n-z.com/gallery/v/Evie_Maggie/Home/

Evelyn Mae "Evie"
Born: May 1, 2008 3:00 a.m.
1 lb 12oz 13 1/4 inches long

Margaret Ann "Maggie"
Born: May 1, 2008 3:18 a.m.
1 lb 13oz 12 3/4 inches long

Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday August 1, 2008

It is really quite neat to be able to wander around the NICU with a baby in my arms, it seems so out of the ordinary since they are usually hooked to monitors. But Nurse Lisa disconnects Maggie and greets me at the door and then I feed her without the monitor – it is good practice for when we won’t have numbers to look at. Evie still has her oxygen and has a few more problems while she is eating, so she doesn’t get disconnected as often. The girls worked very hard at eating all day – we did give them a break at 2pm and let them sleep since we didn’t ease them into the full time schedule very much. But then Maggie woke up at 4pm and was wide awake. We fed her at 5pm and she still didn’t want to go to sleep. I finally changed her very heavy diaper at 7pm and she dozed off. Evie, of course, sleeps as much as possible.

Dad did his part in feeding today – and gets the marks for making each girl regurgitate once. I’m not sure if it was bad luck or poor form yet. And it is pretty entertaining to laugh at the girls’ bodily functions – they have some fantastic burbs!It is really hard to believe it is August 1 and I have 3 month old twin girls, which have never been home. I guess it will be like I had full term babies this week and will take them home just like newborns. Thankfully, I suppose, we do know a bit more about taking care of newborns and have had practice in some areas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe and Carrie and girls, Wow, you have all come so far. Congratulations and blessings. Carrie you are such a interesting writer, and Joe your blogs are so funny--I am appreciating your humor. Keep up the good work...it's all paying off and won't be long now.
My prayers for all my family with babies in icu's here and Tx.
Love Aunt Gayle

Anonymous said...

Carrie & Joe,
Thank you for your prayers! Today is a better day for us than yesterday. During a time of weakness and distress my sister Amie gave me some good advice, "Cowgirl up and be strong like Carrie." You are a great role model. Take care of yourselves (I am learning this) and those precious girls. Can't wait to hear when we'll all be going home!
Love Miea

Please sign the Guestbook
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers