Evie & Maggie Oct 2009

Evie & Maggie Oct 2009

Evie & Maggie's photo gallery

Visit Aunt Brandy's website for pictures of the girls.
photos.b-n-z.com/gallery/v/Evie_Maggie/Home/

Evelyn Mae "Evie"
Born: May 1, 2008 3:00 a.m.
1 lb 12oz 13 1/4 inches long

Margaret Ann "Maggie"
Born: May 1, 2008 3:18 a.m.
1 lb 13oz 12 3/4 inches long

Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday July 14, 2008

Let’s start with great news…Evie reached 5 pounds today. (the nurses weight them during the night shift.) But then she went NPO (non per os – no food) at 5:30 am and only got IV fluids after 8am. Mom got to carry Evie back to the procedure room around 11am this morning – then I held her as long as I could before they needed to start the eye drops and intubation. I put her on a warming table – like what the girls were on for the first week of life, and that is what the procedure was done on and will be her bed until she goes back with her sister. The day shift was easy as Joe, Carol Raymond, and I just hung around Evie and chatted with the Nurse. Joe came up with health issues that are caused by some of the new NICU rules. For instance, touching your cell phone will give your baby stink foot. Or, staying past 6pm will cause your smelly ear jam (like toe jam, but behind the ear). Evie even got her favorite Nurse Barbara back for the night shift. We told her that she didn’t have to go for surgery to get her back, she could have just asked. But “Auntie Barbs” was taking good care of her during the night to make sure she was comfortable. Unfortunately, they were not going to ex-tubate her until the morning sometime.

Maggie had a very quiet day, we practiced at 8am and 8pm and did ok. She is pretty small in that huge steel crib. But we snuggled her next to the puppies J. Carol Raymond got to hold her for her feeding in the afternoon. Holding babies is a new thing for Carol since she only has big girls and no babies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi you guys:

I'm gonna try this again. Ive been trying to keep up with your adventures at least every couple of days. What a saga. there must be a book in the offing. maybe even a movie or at least a miniseries.

I'm so amazed at all the wonderful things that they're able to do to not only save babies that are delivered so prematurly but re able to treat the maladys that coould effect the quality of their lives.

I'v written in this space a couple of times but I don't think I did what I needed to send it off. So, I'm going to try again. Let me know if you don't get it. Since I don't know if you got any of my notes, I might be repeating stuff that you've already read.

I went to Billings a couple of weeks ago. Our bagpipe band went to compete at the yellowstone Highland Games. I stayed with Timmie-Lynn. We had a good visit.
I got to see Mrs's Massey and salisbury as well. We even went by your Dad's new store. pretty nice!

When I read your daily log I'm amazed that you've been able to do what you have been doing as well as you have for this amount of time. I guess the options are very limited none the less it has to be very taxing mentally as well as physically. Despite that your daily postings are lacking any hint of self pity. You guys are doing a hell of a job.

well here goes, I going to see if I can send this off this time.

I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'll try to sneak away one day soon and come down and hve a look at these two super kids.

"Doc"

Anonymous said...

Well as I suspected ididn't/couldn't get mycomments entered in my name so I had to enter it anonymously. so if you couldn't guess who it was it was me.

"Doc"

Please sign the Guestbook
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers